Fertility and Pregnancy
Why is Acupuncture so effective in the treatment of Fertility related issues?
- Regulates and improves menstrual cycles
- Balances the endocrine system to regulate hormones such as FSH, LH, Oestrogen and Progesterone.
- Increases blood flow to the uterus and ovaries
- Enhances ovarian function to stimulate the production of follicles and improve their quality
- Increases thickness of the uterine wall lining
- Increases the chances of successful IVF treatment
- Manages symptoms of OHSS (ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome)
- Reduces uterine contractions after embryo transfer
- Reduces side effects of fertility and IVF drugs
- Improves immune system
- Reduces stress, promotes relaxation and calms the mind
- Improves sperm quality, quantity, morphology and motility
Acupuncture for preconception
Acupuncture is a very effective discipline to boost fertility and to strengthen and prepare the body for conception. It's well known it increases the chances of a successful outcome; which is not just getting pregnant but maintaining a healthy pregnancy.
It works physically by balancing any blockages or imbalances in your body functions, hormones, energy channels or any of your organs. It also works emotionally, by reducing any signs of stress or any unbalanced emotions caused by everyday life or simply the anxiety of trying to get pregnant that many couples experience.
Ideally, acupuncture works best if you get treatments as soon as you know you want to get pregnant. In that way we have time to balance and boost the whole body before conception. And when the time comes, the body is working at its best and 100% ready for it.
As a general rule of thumb, patients wanting to conceive are required to have treatments for a period of 3 months minimum, in order to get concrete results. It is standard practice that a woman needs at least 3 full menstrual cycles for changes in the reproductive system and hormones to take place. Particularly when Western medicine has diagnosed some kind of infertility related conditions or before IVF.